Saturday, June 2, 2012

"Weep with those who weep"

My dear friend Jean Marie and Avery Notgrass


"Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." Romans 12:15

As the Body of Christ, we are intrinsically united in a way that is rather inexpressible.  We function together and when one of us is wounded, we all suffer.

Today a precious family lost their 16 month old son and while I didn't know them, my heart goes out to them in the deepest sense.  My family has experienced this kind of loss and it is a pain that cannot be equaled.  But I am so thankful that the Lord allows us to grieve as those who do in fact have hope! ("But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope." 1Thessalonians 4:13) This dearest baby boy is in the arms of Jesus, and so while grief is strong, it is not despairing.

There are not any words that can bring comfort better than our Savior's grace, and so I pray that is poured out mightily upon all of those who grieve over this little one.

So dearest Notgrass family, know that there is an entire body of believers lifting you up before the throne of God this evening.

This is for you.

And for Jean Marie, whose tender heart is constantly a source of inspiration to me... my heart is broken for you all.


Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints


5 comments:

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Thank you, Shelby, for putting into words what i am feeling. blessings to you and your family.

Jean Marie said...

Thank you, Shelby. This means so much. One word came to mind as I read it - beautiful.

Psalm 23
Love,
Jean Marie

J. W. said...

A fundraiser project to help John and Audra with medical and funeral expenses has been started if you were not already aware: http://www.giveforward.com/InTheCourtOfTheKing

Savories of Life said...

Come see what i wrote.

Jacqueline @ Deeprootsathome.com said...

Hi, Shelby,
I came to read a bit, but see you haven't written in a while. I think about you and your family occasionally and lift you all up to our sweet Lord. It is nice to see your FB statuses of Scripture and exhortations.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4: 17-18

Stand firm in Jesus. Please tell your mom and sisters 'hello' for me :)
Blessings,
Mrs. Franks