Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Anonymous Comments

I received (yet another) anonymous comment.  As I have said on the comment form, if you desire to post a comment expressing a negative point of view, then I really ask that you reveal your name; otherwise, your comment will not be published.  It is very cowardly and certainly does not show a spirit of honesty and truthfulness.  I am honest about who I am, so if you desire to read this blog and comment, you should be honest too!  However, you are not as *anonymous* as you think you are...

The comment posted a quote of mine referring to Christians being labeled victims of the "quiver full movement" from my last post, along with these words: 
"quiver full" is actually the phrase that proponents of large families have given to themselves.

I agree that there are Christians who are seeking (as I am) to put off the worldly perspective that children are an inconvenience or that we should control how many we have of them; and are seeking to honor the scripture that says:
"Behold, children are  a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.  Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth.  How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate."  Psalm 127:3-5
But that is not what this movement (if you will) is about!  This is about families loving God enough to obey Him in everything, not just the easy stuff!  This is about bringing God glory, and advancing the kingdom of Christ!

Now granted, there are some people who idolize the principles in and of themselves and forget why they are important, but they are not who is being attacked.  The biblical concept is what's being attacked! 

How dare you?!?!  Can you not see what you are doing?  

I think one of the major reasons this is happening is because the "anti-patriarch" people perhaps feel a slight conviction towards the biblical precepts regarding Church and family; hence, they attack it.  They themselves are not ever personally attacked in the same manner that they slander and gossip about the people in this movement.  It is genuinely sad.  They make up *sins* and label them with terms such as, "militant-fecundity", "patriocentricity" and "quivering daughters".  Again, I agree, that a worship of these things is wrong; but exercising the principles behind patriarchy and a love for children, because that is what God loves, is not wrong, but rather biblical! 

My point in all of this, is that I am not a "quiver full" slave...I am a slave to Jesus Christ, and so I believe that loving a "quiver full" of arrows that will further His kingdom, is one thing that brings Him glory!  God has given me an abundance of grace, so that my heart is passionate about the body of Christ, not my own selfish ambitions, even though I have moments where I give into my flesh and my eyes veer off of Christ.  

However, I will pray that God will bestow mercy upon those whose eyes are so blind and whose lips seek to attack, slander and gossip those who love God and are seeking His purpose in life.  

6 comments:

Momma said...

Oh my dear daughter...I am so happy to see you address this in such a godly way. Too many of us just sit by and think to ourselves, let someone else convince the lazy Christians to apply and actually live the Word of God today. So many of the "modern Christians" take their view from the world, instead of God's Word. How will any woman learn to be a a godly, submissive to God and her husband, keeper at home (Titus 2) from the world of college and corporate jobs? These women are taking their cues from secular textbooks that teach them so many lies, and from feminists who truly, deep inside, have to yearn for a man to protect them. (Gen. 3) I am happy to send you a heart "AMEN" for standing up for the convictions you have, in following God's Word, the way it is written, instead of transforming it into what you want it to be. It will never cease to amaze me at how "Christians" think they can change God's Word to fit their own desires, and yet believe that God will be pleased with them in that.

I despise young ladies (no names please!) who think they have all the answers to marriage, children and how to raise them, who have never been married, or even studied God's Word about marriage, nor believe in His Word and what it teaches about the same. How can anyone who knows those truths, claim it wrong to desire a quiver full of arrows for God's glory. These people do not believe in the Covenant, nor in generation to generation thinking, as we are commanded in God's Word to believe. I am sad for them. They will wake up at the end of their lives, alone in a nursing home, wishing they had taught their children, to teach their children, the things of God.

Love,
Momma

Shelby Courtney said...

Thank you, Momma! <3

Don and Shelly said...

Shelby, very tactfully put. The anonymous comments are sometimes nothing but spitballs coming out of the dark. Oh well...

On a lighter note, when we were on FB tonight we noticed we were tagged on a pic that was part of a collage. We also noticed a young lady that looks a lot like you in there too. Are you on FB and do you happen to know the Gray family from WA state?

Shelby Courtney said...

Yes I am on fb. While I haven't met the Grays personally, I am fb friends with them, so it probably is me! : )

Andy Redman said...

Very well said, Shelby.

Shelby Courtney said...

Thanks, Mr. Redman. I am just speechless at all the lies and rumors I am seeing; and even from people I used to be friends with. I cannot believe how much they blatantly lie. It genuinely grieves me.