People love to put their faith in numbers. And while, there is help and sometimes wisdom in numbers, ("Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. Ecclesiastes 4:9 "Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety." Proverbs 11:14), we shouldn't formulate an assumption that "numbers" demonstrate possessors of truth.
Many people like to believe that unless there are a considerable amount of individuals following after a movement, religion, or set of beliefs and convictions, they must not be sound. This is primarily being seen among families who are seeking after a lifestyle that is glorifying to God. Families who are embracing convictions that clearly define the difference in the Biblical roles of men and women, desiring to honor God with the education of their children and are striving after a life that holds fast to the theology of the early Christians, Reformers and Puritans, are a minority in this world. We are even a minority among the so called "Christian" and modern day home school communities. One area that is particularly under harsh attack, is daughters who have decided to stay at home and honor God with their lives until marriage. There are so many people who want to declare that since there is only a small amount of people seeking this lifestyle, it must be a giant fallacy...however, the Word of God speaks something very different.
- "Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it." (Ezekiel 14:22)
- "For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things." (Zechariah 8:12)
- "Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth." (Romans 9:27-28)
- "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." (Romans 11:5)
- "And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." (Revelation 12:17)
These are just a few passages, there are many more. As we can see, there are many instances in Scripture which make reference to God taking for Himself a remnant. This utterly destroys any theory that would affirm God is not in small numbers. Just take a close look at some of the false religions out there. Look at how many people are Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Islam, etc. Just because there are a large quantity of people embracing those religions, does not mean they are sound! Likewise, a small amount of people embracing a certain lifestyle does not make it sound either. That is not the issue I am seeking to address, the issue at hand is one where the world is declaring that a minority is evidence of a farce.
So when faced with these false doctrines that stare us in the face and scream in our ears, it is always important to look at everything from a Biblical perspective and return to them the truth of God for their lies. The truth is, a life that is oriented towards the furtherance of Christ's kingdom in a Biblical manner, is not easy. We are faced with so many people who want nothing more than to convince us that our convictions are not from God and steal our hearts for the promotion of their rebellion towards Christ. Let us be always mindful of the battle we, as genuine Christian young women are in and be constantly girding ourselves up with the Word of God.
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints..." (Ephesians 6:10-18)