Monday, February 14, 2011

Dinosaurs, Jaguars and Coyotes, Oh My!!

I had a wonderful day today babysitting some adorable little boys I have had the privilege of knowing for awhile!  So here are a few photos to show you what a fun day I had! 

Wesley


Luke


We started out with Dinosaurs...


Then while Luke took his nap, we proceeded to shoulder rides...
(yes, that is my head)


After the shoulder rides we moved onto an exciting game of Jaguars, which consists of me being the big Jaguar and Wesley the baby one.  Then we hunt stuffed animals...


We indulged in a game of Candy-Land, in which I lost every time...I came to the conclusion that Candy-Land is really a game for small children. 


When Lukey decided to join us again, they wanted to hunt Coyotes and Deer...no need to say I ended up being the Deer who was hunted down, shot multiple times and then drug from the basement to the living room by a jump rope tied around the neck! :) 

We made Valentines, pretended to be on a ship, bus, plane, train and automobile that all ended up in accidents of catastrophic proportions, played Hi-Ho Cheerio (sort of) and did a fair amount of ball throwing at each other! (literally *at* each other)  So, I spent my Valentines Day with some little men, (needless to say) I genuinely love! 

As you celebrate the rest of this day, that is dedicated to love; keep in mind what the true definition of love really is!  No one has demonstrated it better than our Savior Himself.  
 

6 comments:

Hannah Mendenhall said...

What a cute post! Photographing children is always fun. Great job on the picture you were in!

Shelby Mary said...

Thanks Hannah!

Sarah Mendenhall said...

I am so bad at commenting! I always read posts really fast and then go on to the next. But I remembered that I wanted to say I am encouraged by your post and how you played so many things with those boys! I find myself being pretty boring when I babysit, I need to get those creative juices flowing. I usually just want to cuddle and kiss the baby of the family! I guess it's good that children start out as babies so you can prepare for all the neat and educational things to do with them when they are older. :)

Shelby Mary said...

Sarah, you are not bad at commenting! :) I remember when the younger little boy was a baby, and it was really hard not to just hold him all day! I doubt you are a boring babysitter! :)

Sarah Mendenhall said...

Haha! I don't mean I leave bad comments. I meant that I forget to comment most of the time. :D

Shelby Mary said...

I am that way too! I want to comment on everything, but I just get distracted by reading something else, so I always forget what I wanted to say! Then, I have to go and read the whole post again so I remember my thought! :)